The Pizza Business
Section 1: Business Background
1. Name of your business.
2. Location of your restaurant. Explain choice.
Describe your city and neighborhood.
3. Job descriptions and application.
4. Artistic drawings of your restaurant. Front, sign,
Section 2: Production &
1. Scale drawing of floorplan. Explain how restaurant runs.
2. Describe your facility requirements.
3. What are your equipment requirements? What will you need in
your kitchen and dining areas? Do you have any special or unique
4. How much inventory will you need? List and price all equipment
5. Quality control procedures.
Section 3: Marketing Your Business
1. Market Environment:
a. Overall market.
b. Target market.
c. Who is the competition. List strategies to bring in your
2. Marketing Strategies:
a. Plan for increasing demand
b. Pricing strategies.
c. Promotions and advertising. Complete at least one: newspaper
ad., business cards, brochure, radio ad., TV commercial, web
site. List costs.
d. Special means of distribution (deliveries, take out, etc.).
Section 4: Business Finances
1. Determine costs for all items.
2. Complete spread sheet. How much money will you need to
borrow to fund your start-up
operation? Assuming you have five years to repay the Bank, what
will your monthly financing cost be (assume that the Bank has
generously decided to lend you the money with no interest).
3. Explain your fixed costs? What costs will stay the same as
business increases. These include rent, fuel, licenses, etc.
4. Explain variable costs? What cost will go up as business
increases. Management plan.
Section 5: Anything Else?
1. Be prepared to detail your contribution to the team.